View Single Post

Old 06-06-2018, 11:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 101.41 MB
MrConk -- glad you liked it. I tried to be comprehensive yet approachable, since the aim is to entice new people to our hobby, especially younger students. The 1939 Marvel Model book is the prize of my collection, but many of the pieces are falling out -- not surprising, since they were intended to be punched out almost 80 years ago! Not 100% sure if the Kellogg's RMS Queen Mary was also designed by Rigby, but very likely. That one was a modern reprint I purchased from PMI a few years back.

Best wishes on the Norte Dame cathedral. When I built mine, I was concerned about the two-dimensional flying buttresses, but the overall effect is convincing and impressive. I would suggest coloring the edges so the white paper doesn't distract.

Eatcrow2 -- Thanks, Peter! Sorry for my prolonged communication lapse, but for several years I was taking care of my parents and didn't have much time for paper models. This display was a bit challenging to organize, but if the Pasadena Library asks for an encore, I know you have some jaw-droppers, too.

David T. Okamura