Thread: Canon Tiger Art
View Single Post

Old 06-08-2018, 07:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Canon Tiger Art

Canon has some new content on the Creative Park website.
Here is the link for the English site, other language sites will most likely have the same or nearly the same content.
Canon Creative Park

I made the Tiger art. I guess it is called 2.5D construction since flat pieces are layered to give depth to the finished product.
Goto Canon Creative Park>Art>then scroll down a bit to find the Tiger art and some other new content.

Eight pages of parts:

This is some of the layers to make the head:

That little white triangle is representative of the spacers used to give depth to the parts...

...and put together.

This is the rest of the head:

Here is a view from an angle showing the 2.5D effect:

Here is an internal shot showing one of those spacers used for the 2.5d effect:

Various size spacers, usually in the shape of rectangle boxes, are used throughout the construction to give the 2.5D effect.

Head attached to the front leg...:

...and another side view to show the 2.5D:

Here are some front and back body parts...:

...and attached:

Notice the narrow white areas with the blue dot around part of the perimeter. That is where you apply glue. You glue those areas and the spacers to attach the next layer. In the instructions there are some green arrows showing where you also add a little curvature to a part.

Here are the front and back assemblies ready to be joined:

In order to help align the parts there are some subtle markings on the back assembly showing where to match the curved areas on the front assembly:

Here are the front and back assemblies joined:

That completes the tiger.

The frame has four parts for the perimeter and four connectors to join the perimeter parts together.

Joiner and parts of the frame:

Notice the frame part on the right. There is a small tab with a white area that has a blue dot on it. That tab goes inside the other frame part and is used to glue them together. You will also notice a larger white area with a blue dot. That too is used to glue the two parts together. That large white area goes under the white area on the other part.

The L shaped connector goes inside the frame parts:

You do that four times to complete the frame.

I noticed the frame was a bit warped, but there are a two piece backer and a one piece background provided that when glued on straightend out the frame.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the finished product.
With a scale in inches and centimeters:

Without the scale:

The finished product is purtyneet looking.