View Single Post

Old 06-11-2018, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.57 MB
My first model: Saturn V

So I'm brand new to this and decided to first build Julius Perdana's 1:300 Saturn V and launch pad. Learning quickly. Thanks to all who directed me towards 176 gsm paper. Working great. Here's what I've learned so far.

1. Less is more when it comes to glue (thank you dwright54). Using Elmer's Craft Bond paper craft glue gel, dries clear, quick set.

2. These hidden corner tabs are tough!! Need long pencils to apply pressure to get them to stick. My fingers are too big. (pic1)

3. Assembling a box with two halves means getting the corners just right or the white of the paper shows through. I colored this exposed edge with a black marker but I’m not real happy with it. (pic2)

4. I get to practice making this again because I should have glued the piece inside this hole first. NOTE: think through everything before getting glue-happy. (pic3)

5. At first I thought I’d lightly score fold lines to get them started but that cuts into the paper, exposing white after the bend. So I got out my embossing stylus set and used the very finest tip I have. This works great! Creates enough of a weakness in the paper to force the bend where it is supposed to go, without the white line when I used the semi-cut technique. I’ll be sticking with this. (pic4)
Attached Thumbnails
My first model: Saturn V-img_6036.jpg   My first model: Saturn V-img_6037.jpg   My first model: Saturn V-img_6038.jpg   My first model: Saturn V-img_6040.jpg