View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricleite View Post
@ Alzictorini / Lex - I use cellulosic (all-purpose) glue. As you know, assembling the canopies is far from being my favorite task. I always try to shape the parts as well as possible before gluing them. The glue serves to keep the shape, not to force it. As the glue is awkward to apply, I put it only where strictly needed and step by step. The links between paper parts are done with white glue. Using rolled paper instead of wires very much eases the gluing task.

As expected, quite a lot of ballast was needed in the nose. I used a pair of balls from a out-of-use bearing. Smile: the plane is looking at you!
Thank you very much for the tip! I am definitely going to pre-shape in the future. One thing I am less clear about is the glue you mentioned, I have never heard about this type of glue, is there any particular brands you could provide so I could look it up? I regularly use white glue but I don't think that quite the same as what you are talking about... right? AFAIK white glue does an awful job holding anything against plastic.