View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post

Something I have *just* tried, if you are bothered by the gloss of the laser printed dark colours, the matte varnish spray cans for plastic models usually work very well and eliminates the reflection at all but the most extreme viewing angles. The coated surface doesn't take glue very well so this need to be done after the whole thing is assembles.
You are quite right. Matte is the way to go. This was much brighter before. Once finished and cleaned I may spray another coat.

In my case, since I sprayed it before cutting, I've had to scrap the clear coating before folding and gluing for the glue to adhere properly to the actual paper.
Is an extra step, but it needs to be done. Otherwise the parts won't hold properly.

Besides, I found that spraying laser prints before cutting helps protect the delicate print from any damage caused by the metal ruler, the blades or the tweezers (or even paper touching paper). For some reason in earlier models when I used laser print I always ended scratching the surface, sometimes with irreparable damage. One or two clear coats before have helped me a lot to avoid that.
Ink printing doesn't have that problem.