View Single Post

Old 06-16-2018, 04:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Back on topic

Progress has been slow. I worked on some engine details and started on the landing gears. Nothing interesting to show as of yet.

The wing though will receive plenty of modifications. The aerodynamic surfaces will be split into separate components, using the seams as an added level of detail. Ricardo's eye-opening build nextdoor is providing a lot of ideas and inspirations.

This plan is hindered by the fact that the wing does not contain even one piece of structural formers, except the spar itself. In order to not screw this one up, I will have to improvise somehow.

The lighting circuits are also ready to use. It consists of two low-powered LEDs for wingtip navigational lights, and a high-powered 1W orange one for the turbine exhaust (although I am not going to operate it anywhere near 1W). The system can be driven by 2 3V button cells connected in parallel, which will be hidden inside the engine bay and removable if required. I plan to use aluminium foil (metal is very good at at being opaque) for light insulation, as the light from the orange one is bright enough to go through multiple layers of paper from where I don't need it.
Attached Thumbnails
Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-20180616_113708.jpg   Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-20180616_182040.jpg