View Single Post

Old 06-16-2018, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.62 MB
Marek's Heinkel He51 c1 @1/72

Hello all! I introduce you my next project, the Heinkel He-51 c1 in Kondor Legion livery at 1/72 scale. The original model is a design from Marek Pacynski in 1/33 scale which I intended to build as a mate to my 1/33 Spanish Fury, but that will now join its also down-scaled mate.
The model depicts one of the last Heinkel biplanes flown by the Germans in Spain. It belonged to 4J88, a fighter unit, already converting to Me109B, which had to retake its old mounts and harry to combat again to counter the sudden Governmental offensive at Teruel in late December 1937.
Unable to challenge the Republican Polikarpovs, the Heinkels were turned into fighter bombers under the fighter umbrella of either Messerschmits or Fiat CR32s. Shortly afterwards, they would be finally handed to Spanish pilots who would continue using them in the strafing role, known in Spanish as “cadena” (chain).
The Spanish Heinkels retained their German aspect, including their original numbers; their only new difference was the painting of an axe and chain motto in white inside the black roundel as a remainder of their new role.
Work began with the cockpit details, as usual a vain effort as the result could be hardly seen after assembling the fuselage, especially at this small scale. But, it’s the magic of modeling!
Enjoy paper!
Attached Thumbnails
Marek's Heinkel He51 c1 @1/72-he-51-01.jpg   Marek's Heinkel He51 c1 @1/72-image0072-1.jpg   Marek's Heinkel He51 c1 @1/72-dscf3144.jpg   Marek's Heinkel He51 c1 @1/72-dscf3147.jpg   Marek's Heinkel He51 c1 @1/72-dscf3149.jpg