View Single Post

Old 06-18-2018, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Thanks Michael and Garry, but I talk more than I build, and when I build, the results usually aren't so great.

And I certainly do not have encyclopedic knowledge into all things aviation. There are certain areas in which I have a genuine interest, a fair number of references, and some experience with research: pre-1960 U.S., British Empire/Commonwealth, Japanese, and East Asian aviation, naval/maritime, transportation, and military history. Outside of those areas, I defer to others (and I defer to a lot of others on these topics, as well).

But within those areas, I really enjoy trying to track down info. I fear that it sometimes may come across as nit-picking, rivet counting, or trying to show off my "general knowledge," but it's really just a passion to try to find out what the evidence tells us about aircraft, units, and events. I may get carried away, but I try not to be critical, to be civil, and to be humble (Dave Winfield has told me that I have a lot to be humble about).

Sorry for this diversion, Bruno.

Don
What you do is NOT rivet counting my friend. What you provide is "color" for all these builds. We are all building replicas of aircraft that have played an important part in history. You bring us that information on a silver platter. Everyone here loves what you do. As I have said before you are the "brains" and soul of this here outfit.

MS
Live, Laff, Love...