View Single Post

Old 06-19-2018, 02:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
What an amazing bit of technology you got there Gene. But tell me, when it makes a cutting mistake does it yell profanities and throw the model at the wall?

I agree with Rata, it indeed is an amazing thing. However, I think I will never buy one because I consider the whole model-making experience as something soothing, it kind of is clearing my mind for the time being. Being in the here and now, almost vacant. Lovely. Even cutting out formers. It's not just the model as an end result for me, it also is the build itself that adds to my pleasure. I wouldn't like to hasten it up or let a machine take parts of the process out of hand. But to each his own, of course.
(as an aside about profanity I have an unwritten rule while making a model: after three big abusive terms or profanities in one building session (and I very rarely do curse, actually) I have to call it quits for the day. Because then I just know that it is not a good day for model making. It prevents throwing models against the wall, too. Although I must admit I have had one or two fits in which I crumpled a half-finished model in my hands.
That actually was quite satisfying at the time, I must say.
For me, I like to invest the little money I have in a good quality printer. The cutting is something I like to do myself. Occasional irregularities in cardboard formers I often smooth out with a little sanding.