View Single Post

Old 06-24-2018, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
Geli SR-71 Blackbird

Hello,

It is nice to see that Geli kits are being produced again. I've made their DC-9 (quite an amazing model, retractable landing gear and operating air stairs), and their Viscount. The SR-71 is an awesome airplane and I decided to order the Geli kit. The company is reworking the various kits, from what I've read, and there are signs of that on this kit, such as the design being so crisp. Now it might have always been that way since I've never seen the Geli SR-71 in person. And I always thought the DC-9 and Viscount are excellent kits. Anyway, the SR-71 looks excellent, also. As with the original kits, the printing is done with paint instead of regular ink. The colors are very pleasing; even bare metal areas shine like bare metal.

The directions for the SR-71 are in German. Usually the assembly of the card models can be figured out from the sketches and prior experience, as I did on their DC-9, but nowadays we can also type the sentences into an online translator for extra help.

While cutting parts, I noticed the card stock and cardboard stock are both of very high quality material. They do not contain any wood chips or roughness that I've noticed on some kits, and I have not broken a tip off my hobby knife yet. (That, in itself, is amazing).
Attached Thumbnails
Geli SR-71 Blackbird-sr71-00.jpg   Geli SR-71 Blackbird-sr71-00a.jpg   Geli SR-71 Blackbird-sr71-00b.jpg