View Single Post

Old 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
ohh! this plane is very nice and the propeller looks real... no wait, is it wood or paper? well, if it's paper I'm doubly astonished!
sorry to hear about the incident. fortunately there's no four legged walking here, except me under the table searcing for little pieces I know I won't find for sure! (I belive there's a small black hole under the desk of every respectablepapermodeler).
about your model and fixatives, I've a question but I read Maj. Davenport just hit the thing. I don't want to bother this thread so if you know a specific thread or a section here in the forum where I can find out some information about fixatives etc. thanx!!! :D
Thanks for the positive comments, the prop blades are paper made using the parts from the kit. I emboss the edges to cup them over so the back and front meet edge-to-edge as opposed to flat (if that makes any sense, if not I'll do a tutorial) then I flatten the inside leading edge.

some different views on fixatives can be found here
what is the best way to preserve paper models for years to come ? <~ link

Thats odd I seem to have a blackhole under my work table as well. That is one of the reasons I scan all my printed kits before I start building.

~ happy building