View Single Post

Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Progress. Not a lot but some. Had work done on the van today and of course a 20 minutes job turned into all morning.

Finally overcame my trepidation and actually started gluing pieces together. This really is just a big pla@#$teeq kit that you glue pieces together to make sub assemblies that you then glue together to make a fuselage or a wing. But I have to tell you I am really looking forward to the 1:100 version.

When I got this kit 8 months ago someone on the PM forum volunteered to translate the Polish into English. Well I have to say that if Google translate does as poor a job of Polish to English as it does English to your language I really feel for you.

When I did pla$@#teeq I never built the stuff no one would ever see. This kit will be the same way. I have plenty of Plastruct rod and strips and I am not about to attempt to roll up paper into the tiny tubes necessary to make all this cockpit detail. So if you are a “paper purist” you probably just need to stop following this thread.

Hopefully a bit more free time tomorrow. Who said retirees just sit around with all this time on their hands?
Attached Thumbnails
Nieuport 11 in 1:33 AND 1:100-20180712_184112.jpg  
Live, Laff, Love...