View Single Post

Old 07-12-2018, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
WIP- Little Tommy

Bit more done. I often use refillable pencil leads for guns. They're easy to cut and the right colour. These are .07mm but I reckon .05 would be better for 1/100.
Regards struts on biplanes, my own preferred method is to attach centre section (cabane) ones first, cut slightly overlength and trimming a little at a time till the upper wing sits on (without glueing yet) even and straight. When satisfied that all's good I'll glue and when set solid, do the outer struts, again cutting overlength and trimming down.
One of the pics shows some of the edge colour paints I use. These are leftovers from my plast days. I've got stacks of 'em so I'm glad they're still seeing useful service.
And MichaelS, there's your plucked paintbrush bristles ready to go.

Going away for a few days, so Tommy is on hold for a bit. The next post will be of completed model which will be some time next week.
Attached Thumbnails
US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8445.jpg   US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8446.jpg   US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8447.jpg   US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8448.jpg   US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8449.jpg  

US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8450.jpg   US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8451.jpg   US Navy and USMC Between The Wars in 1/100-img_8452.jpg