View Single Post

Old 07-14-2018, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Modelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B

Modelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-20180715_125717.jpg

So here it is, the quiet moment before I slowly start to go insane.

I've always loved this model and have always wanted to build it, despite the many numerous reports of what a nightmare it is to build. After a few years away from modeling, I wanted something big to launch back into, to celebrate finally being able to build again, so here it is.

Not much to report so far, I've mainly been looking over the pages of instructions, trying to make sense of them. I've laminated some of the parts as required, I've also purchased the laser cut frames and wheels set. I recently purchased a Brother Scan n Cut, so I've been looking into wether or not i'm going to use that to help with this build. Seeing as I'm new to the Scan n Cut and this is the first time I've built from a purchased kit that cost a decent amount of money, I'm not sure if I want to be experimenting with the cutter on the actual kit.

I've decided to start with the wheels, as I've always enjoyed making wheels and a lot of their parts are included in the laser cut sheets. To start with, I've also photocopied some wheel parts to try out in the Scan n Cut which has so far given mixed results but it's looking hopeful.

Before I even start to build this beast, I've pretty much accepted that I'm probably going to need to paint the whole thing, because I know what I'm like when it comes to clean builds (not very good at it). I have a new airbrush, ready to go. It's been a long time since I've used one but I'm looking forward to it. I'm probably going to add weathering etc as well but that's getting a bit far ahead, I need to build the thing first...

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000