View Single Post

Old 07-24-2018, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation The kit

The kit is printed in good quality and all the exterior parts are in silver. Special care is needed in handling it, but it is not as sensitive as some of the other silver kits I built. Some parts are printed on different pages and you have to hunt for them.

The construction method selected by the designer is a frame and then skin variety common to some of the newer Polish kits. There are no joining strips at all. The wings also are fully framed prior to skinning.

Of interest is the wing upper and lower surfaces which are separate and joined at the leading and trailing edge on top of the frame.

I think this is an overdone "jigsaw puzzle" that is prone to so many errors, that it took me the courage of many years to start building this model. At the end, I have decided on a hybrid method in which some framing is used, but joining strips are used to mate the parts.

A bit more on that next time.

Pics of the kit and instruction here:
Su-9 first generation-Orel 1/33 scale-img_7131.jpgSu-9 first generation-Orel 1/33 scale-img_7132.jpgSu-9 first generation-Orel 1/33 scale-img_7133.jpg

Su-9 first generation-Orel 1/33 scale-img_7134.jpgSu-9 first generation-Orel 1/33 scale-img_7137.jpgSu-9 first generation-Orel 1/33 scale-img_7138.jpg

Isaac