View Single Post

Old 08-08-2018, 06:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Finally an update. Despite the scorching heat I managed to have some micro-sessions working on ANS.

First some more shots of the detailing of the top and bottom part of the satellite. I used several kinds of metallic paper to accentuate the rim and the small grappling hooks here and there. I also added a small lens to the coarse solar sensor (the small gold rectangle). The lens is a piece of LEE lighting filter.

Then the first instrument, the Soft X-ray Experiment thought up by the University of Utrecht. It was a conical mirror with a horizontal shield in the middle. Soft X-rays, having a long wavelength, would reflect, or rather bounce off the walls of the cone and fall into a receptor in a lower part of the satellite. The shield prevented other kinds of light from falling into the cone. I used shiny metallic card for the insides of the cone, aluminium coloured paper for the outside. I then doubled a strip and made ribs out of it around the cone. The shield inside was punched out the same shiny card and I used cut-off pieces of sewing pin for the positioning inside the cone.
Attached Thumbnails
ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120216.jpg   ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120217.jpg   ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120218.jpg   ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120219.jpg   ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120220.jpg  

ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120222.jpg   ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120223.jpg   ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120224.jpg   ANS - The first dutch adventure in space-p1120228.jpg