Thread: ? plasteeq ?
View Single Post

Old 08-09-2018, 04:41 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
before this thread de-evolves into a shouting match over pricing, keep this in mind.

If you were to be asked to create something using your skill set(whatever the hobby, whatever the medium) would you not want to be fairly compensated for your time, electricity, glue, paper, internet bill, food, water, etc, etc... all those things that were used when you were working on that project?

It is the only build of this aircraft in the world, it will not be printed again, and built, so it is a 1 of 1 example.

The price he is asking, is not totally out of line with any other handmade item, in my pen turning hobby, the selling price is anywhere from 2x to 3x for time/materials and other costs. I have seen handmade kites go for well over $200, ok, so the item might not interest you at this moment, there will be someone who likes the look of that model, and will pay what the builder is asking.

It is not our place to argue about the price, or the build itself, because then my next question would be, can you do any better?

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo