View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

meanwhile, I did ask my ARC friend Joe (crackerjazz) if he would not even have time and inclination for modeling the Crawler Track Shoes in 1:160, whereupon, to my surprise, he has started right away.

BTW, he did also the 3D design of the Aft Skirt Thermal Curtains (ASTCs) for my SRBs.

And what the CAD expert has delivered with the help of the drawing without further ado, is simply stunning again, I think.

There's nothing like a good technical drawing with measurements, even if they are just so on the limit of readability.

Source: arcforums.com (crackerjazz)

Now he has to downscale the Track shoe "only" still to 1:160, whereon I'm really curious. Hopefully there will be some left over from the details after 3D modeling, especially as one can see based on David Maier's Paper Kit how small these things are in 1:160.

While the holes in the Pin lugs (Ø 3,3'') with Ø 0,5 mm (1:160) and the 0,4 mm (1:160) wide grooves (green) should still be printable,

the small holes (pink) with Ø 0,2 mm (1:160) should unlikely to be printable, although one should be able to live without them, because later they are hardly recognizable anyway from a normal viewing perspective.
Now I'm curious what my friend Joe is going to say, whereby Shapeways has the last word anyway.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 08-10-2018 at 11:25 AM.