View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehcyfer View Post
Wow! I'm flabbergasted!

It's extremelly intriguing ship.

I want to build one too :D Will you publish it?
ahh.... really, this time it could be almost impossible to publish it, because... well, this model is really a hybrid: I mean, there's paper, ok... but there's even a huge amount of "kitbashed" plastic and that's due to my (poor!) past in plastic scratchbuilding. when I decided to use paper instead of styrene, my mind gave birth to this ship, a sort of passage from a tecnique to the other. I think I could make available the paper structure but that would be, more or less, the 50% of the model. are you familiar with Rhinoceros 4.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Are you sure that's paper??? Looks awesome!!

Am very interested in your build first then paint approach....
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
Yeah, the underside looks cool - and weathering, that's the fun part, I'm looking forward to see that Did you use a regular brush or some spray for painting?
thanx I'll answer both of you: I used normal paper covered with an adhesive clear plastic sheet (for the same reason of some lines before and that's why it doesn't seems paper) and the primer is a common gray spray paint. weathering will be added with a brush, I don't have any airbrush. that's way I'm interested in learnig how to put a texture on the model before printing it... less laborious and if the texture is good enough, the result would be great the same