View Single Post

Old 08-24-2018, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
A young and an old Buddist monk were walking along a dusty Tibetan road with the intention of travelling from village A to village B. After a time they came across a river in full spate - it being the season for such things to happen. A frail-looking young woman was standing by the edge of the river, obviously wanting to cross but too afraid of the surging waters to attempt it. The old monk offered to give the woman a piggy-back across, which she gladly accepted. When the three reached the other side, the woman thanked the old monk and started off for village C.

And so the two monks continued their way. It soon became apparent by his countenance and demeanour that the younger monk was stangely perturbed. When the old monk asked his companion what on earth was the matter with him the younger said, "I am greatly disturbed. I can't believe what you did. I've always been taught that we should not have any physical contact with women, but there you were carrying a woman on your shoulders!"

"Ah, now I understand," came the reply. "But I left the woman by the riverbank, while you are still carrying her."