View Single Post

Old 09-03-2018, 01:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.39 MB
I have always found it rather odd that the order of construction of the various subassemblies in the instructions bears very little relationship to the final assembly sequence. I like to be able to check the fit as I go, so prefer to follow the final sequence. Accordingly, I start with the frame.

This is a fairly complex tubular structure, with several oblique tube-to-tube "T" junctions. Several of these are implemented as tabbed joints, with a large hole in the cross piece meeting edge-to-edge with the shaped end of the "upright". In some cases the shaped end appeared to be somewhat approximate. I decided that this would be hopeless in my scale, so redrew the tubes to butt accurately with each other. At the same time I reduced the number of segments in the curve of the bottom tube beneath the engine from 7 to 3 - this curve is mostly covered by the front engine mount and the engine itself, so there seemed little point in making life too hard for myself.

The frame assembly leaves the ends of the rear forks dangling and very vulnerable, so I went straight on to the rear suspension units and fitted them to give some protection against clumsy handling.

A small thread for a small Yamaha YA-1-01-frame1.jpg A small thread for a small Yamaha YA-1-01-frame2.jpg