View Single Post

Old 09-06-2018, 04:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Outer walls

Thank you Kevin and Kurt!

The work continues with placing the outer walls. I started with the eastern section. A lot of window tabs to be cut out and folded away. There is a certain misalignment between the white areas on the ground plate and those on the walls, where the external columns have to be glued. To avoid problems later on I used black and brown felt markers to correct. Also at one location I cut the wall in two parts as the fit on the ground plate appeared too tight. This leaves a narrow gap as you can see in one of the pictures but it luckily didn’t result in further fitting issues when I glued the column in place. Having said that, cutting, folding, fitting and installing the external columns on the walls was not an exciting job. Too much repetitive work.

In the process of placing the columns I installed the side buildings on the north-east "quadrant". A relative easy job but ensure to use reinforcement with thin cardboard to aid in proper alignment of the buildings to the main walls.

When installing the columns and buildings I concluded that the height of the outer church walls is in fact a bit too short in relation to the length of the columns. This can be corrected by adding a strip of cardboard of 0.5mm thick to close the gap but I still have to correct for that. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7539.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7540.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7534.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7535.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7536.jpg  

1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7537.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7538.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7542.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7543.jpg   1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7565.jpg  

1:300 St-Bavo Church, Haarlem, The Netherlands-img_7590.jpg