View Single Post

Old 09-09-2018, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Butelczynski, wondering what you mean by the layout? That the garage-workshop is detached? I could see with cold, snow and ice that could be a problem, just curious.

Kevin, the house is almost too compact to what I's used to. At 910 sq. ft. think its actually a bit smaller then my condo. Plus the condo had 12 foot ceilings and this in only around 9-10 with the 2 back rooms (that I think might be an addition to the original) are barely 8 foot. Using my long shelving unit as a divider in the bedroom and was used to sticking stuff on top of it. Did that a week or so ago without thinking and stuck my hand into the ceiling fan. That got my attention.

The house was build in 1915. Location if someone wants to Google Earth is on the border of Miami and Claypool - Calle de Loma is the street. Mailing address is Miami, but the location is actually in Claypool which is an census designated area of Gila County between Miami and Globe.

And it is wearing me out but you're right that by either doing it myself or dealing directly with a contractor it is done properly. As I tell people now the plumbing in the house will outlive my plumbing. Also since there were things I wanted fixed on the final inspection, a deal was worked out were the seller knocked enough off the final price that paid over half of what I've spend on fixing things. And I know what was done. Also I'd set aside a reserve for some work. But as I'm say everything costs twice and takes three times as long as you figured.