View Single Post

Old 09-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
What was the mtn. lion signing? 😜

Looks like a unique property, Whulsey; all the best making it all yours!

Wyvern

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Pulled this from Google Earth and added captions. Hope it works. Seems too.

Here's a photo from the back door of the house. The concrete block structure on the left was a store room, but the roof is gone now. Not sure if I want to reroof it yet or not. That's long term.

Don't think this was a stable. Probably never many horses around here. The mines and smelter were primary jobs and even now a good portion of the people walk to work. No basements, they're rare in AZ. Here the mining company owns everything 3 foot below the surface from what I've been told. This area was basically a company town. That's why I think that the attachment the garage was probably a studio apartment rented out to single miners. The last 2 photos are the back of the attached room and the garage. Love all the build in shelves. The side ones are all metal probably 'requisitioned' from the mines or smelter since they look like what you would see in an industrial tool room. Too bad I don't really do any mechanic or restoration project work anymore. Would have about killed for something like this 40 years ago.

Back to packing and cleaning. And getting in the mindset of getting the cats in their cages in the morning: leather gloves, Levi jacket and fresh box of Band-aids.

Doug, no bighorn in the immediate area that I'm aware of. Heard there was an occasional mountain lion signing.