View Single Post

Old 09-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Erik, I have been following your posts with great interest. St.Bavo is a beautiful church, which I would like to see and build. Two years ago we were in Amsterdam. I was unaware that the church was so near and that there was a model available. I have really been struggling with my desire to purchase the model.

Here is the problem. I have 81 models built and have seen all of them except 2 in person. I have 69 more models to build that we have visited. I also have 51 models kits of places that we haven't visited but would hope to someday. So that means that I have 120 models to make. I figured if I made one month, it would take 10 years and I would be 90. How about one every two weeks, that would be five years and I would only be 85 :-) I really want to build all of the models that I have seen in person, so when I finish the 69 models, I will consider St Bavo. Since I hit 80, I have slowed down. I'm still working on Wawel Castle which I started last October. I'm working to finish it in the next several days as I have nowhere to go (no doctors appointments) the rest of the week

Keep up the good work and I will enjoy building this church vicariously.