View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 01:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Star Wars A-wing / Shunichi Makino + modifycation + scratch/ 1:48

Hello friends,

Shunichi Makino upgraded his amazing A-wing model. I decided to build one. But it will be heavily modified to be even more closer to original studio model.

Hopefuly it will looks something like this when I am done (original studio model)

So here is what I did.

First thing is to scale down the model. Because A-wing is one of many Star Wars vehicle with uncertain and changing dimensions we have few possible versions. Official length of "real" craft today is 9,6m. It is cca 20cm in 1:48 scale and it is the way Shunichi Makino design it).

But for some fans (me included) this is way to big. Because if you look closely on original model photo with pilot figurine you will see it is no way that long. So I scale Snunichi Makinos model down to 60 percent of its original size. My model will be cca 12cm long in 1:48 scale:

Top is original model, bottom is scale down model:

Original Makino:

Scale down to 60 percent:

This are also my test buils to bring little more curvature to the model, because some parts looks too flat to me and can be easily curved. I will also do little proportion changes here and there and finaly I will try to make weathered look by myself.

Shunichi Makino did all the heavy lifting to wonderfully design this model.

Evolution fo my test builds (from the left proof of concept, first iteration, recent one):

I added some height to the model (on the right) and curved the back:

I lowered center part of the nose and made it more curvy:

Extensions for X-wing