View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 04:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
I read this post and the corresponding posts on Murph's design thread.
I cannot accept that Aaron throws in the towel. And being mentioned by name (alias) I feel responsible.
Please support his, and others work (even before considering my cheap imitations).
It was never my intention to harm any other designer, therefore I have to much respect for them.
My sincere apologies.
To me much of the problem is that paper models are too inexpensive. In this country there is a marketing term "perceived value". This means that items that are sold to cheaply are seen to have less value than the same item that is a bit more expense. Think Lexus vs Toyota

There is also the problem of income disparity and differing cost of living around the world. A $1.00 in the US is very inexpensive. In places such as Thailand not so much. Aaron is stuck making inexpensive kits in a country with a high cost of living.

Your kits appeal to many because they are quick to build with a good result. Many here build 1/33 kits here that take months and are works of art. Those kits cost more but few are bought.

I have only been around this hobby for 10 months and the economics of it just amaze me. In the plastic modeling world kits routinely sell for $100! Don't even get me started on the world of R/C!

This forum is a great community. Hopefully we can "help a brother out"...
Live, Laff, Love...