View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
Hi!

@ Seahorse: Thanks for the reassurance. Is there a common way as to which blocks are attached to which part of the crosstrees or was it rather a random thing differing from ship to ship (even in the same time period)?

And now I see how the ropes look almost same in diameter in the last pictures. But don't worry, they are not. The plan shows a thickness for a scale 1:50 so I halved it (approximately) by using for instance only the tiniest thread for the ratlines, a rope made from 3 threads for the shrouds and one made out of 4 threads for the stays. I marked the amount of threads for each rope in the plan (pic. 1) I attached some pictures, maybe the difference in the thickness is better visible on these ones?

And I've bought some beeswax today and will try to make some rope for the main mast shrouds and finish the other side of the ratlines for the fore mast.

@ Mike: Thanks for the interest in rigging! I read somewhere that once you rig one ship properly (which I've never done) then it is all the same for all the other ships. I'll put it to the test!

Oh, and although I try to keep the deadeyes straight, the difference in height adds a bit more realism to the Mayflower

-RdK
Attached Thumbnails
Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf346.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf341.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf342.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf343.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf344.jpg  

Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf345.jpg  
In the Garage: PANHARD AML20