Thread: Upcoming models
View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
I was taken by surprise with this news Aaron.
I do not think we can choose what people like about what to build. The surge of the 1/100 models has several reasons. I am one of the pioneers in scale, I started building my collection in 2006 and 70% of it is made up of their designs. Obviously I can not tell you why A or B or C prefer editor Y or X, now I can tell you that in the case of Scissors and Planes Templates, they follow a completely different editorial line than yours. They are model that apparently are simple to assemble because they are made to be built in a day. In general they are easily modified and repainted because they are vectors. And Bruno with his speed can meet a wide spectrum of different users. Why their models have different themes and subjects. He listens more to people's issues and makes models without commissioning. Like I said is another way of thinking. And most importantly the models are already on the scale. I particularly find their models spectacular, but they take time to assemble because of complexity, the O / 400 is an example. I think it's a shame that you look at it as a competition. For the 1/100 scale is a phenomenon. Nobi is a designer who saw these potentialities, today Chatchai is inactive due to personal problems, but his latest releases in the 1/72 scale are a reflection of this perception. I find something else still on scale. The reality of modellers changes from country to country, and I do not think price is the main cause of the demand for a model or not. If I mounted all the models I've ever done of Oddball / Murph's Models in their original scales, I would not have to live anywhere else. Many people like me have space limitations. I still hope to build the P-36 and SM-1 as soon as I finish doing the O / 400. I honestly think you should rethink that position, at least as a hobby, because I honestly do not think any e-paper publisher has this as a way of life. That is my opinion.

Best regards my friend!