View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 08:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Unhappy

I was taken by surprise with this news. I think every designer has the right to stop making models any time he wants, and sometimes life ends up generating these interruptions, whether it be for changes, new jobs, health problems, or the simple fact that they get tired. I just think the reason that is causing the closure of the activities of Murph's Models is unbelievable.
As I wrote to Aaron on the thread in which he announced the closure, I think the 1/100 phenomenon is motivated by a number of factors, where price, while a factor, is not the deciding factor. I think the size and the ability to stock a large collection are decisive factors. I think that in the case of Bruno's models, simplicity in construction, the basis for building more advanced models, multiplicity of subjects with multiple choices are attractive beyond price, one American dollar may not be a big thing in the US in terms of value, but in Brazil, for example, he buys a bottle of 2-liter Coca Cola or a Big Mac, so I say the value is not the main one. The fact is that in the Bruno catalog, you can buy from the Nieuport IX to the F-16 through a multitude of versions. Like I told Aaron are different editorials. Bruno does not see in my view his "business" as one, it is not a complement to income, he is enthusiastic about the mounts, he does not charge commissioning and his speed of desing and the ability to modify his models as I did with the MiG-17 and Brent makes several models move a community that enjoys micro-models. Aaron's models are sensational even though I've always criticized the scamming of the scales. But almost all the suggestions or requests to make an airplane X or Y I commissioned, of course at a lower value than he requests because I wanted the model in my collection at the end he would have the design to market. This makes a huge difference in people's enthusiasm. And again, as I said in the other thread, I do not know of any e-publishers who use their "business" as a way of life. Which obviously does not mean they have to give or do for free. I say again, the motivation around Bruno's models is not the money or low value of their models ...