Thread: Upcoming models
View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 09:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Hi Jon, as a retiree myself, I'm no wiser than you and many others. I have been through a lot of ups and downs and seen many aspects of life and sufferings. But I'm not as bold as Dave to hit the nail on the head cos' it does hurt somebody's feelings (unless you do know him/her pretty well).

We have a saying in Chinese 長貧難顧 meaning something like "It's impossible to subsidize poverty-stricken friends/relatives in the long term". The saying is to point out that poverty is not a crime but lending a hand is a temporary measure with the hope of getting the one you help to be on his/her feet again. If he/she fails or refuses to get himself/herself up, the help will become meaningless. That's to say (to the one being helped), you've got to work hard, discipline and love yourself and not to give up.

Honestly, to say you're a pure hobbyist who doesn't care about money is hypocritical as all of us want to make some money here and there. However, relying solely on that particular hobby with a hope to earning a decent living is just fantasy and a dream. A hobby is supplementary to real life that may not spare you the time and resources to indulge in it.

Papermate