View Single Post

Old 09-15-2018, 01:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Al Z, startlingly good workmanship, as is your usual 'thing'! Are you also now learning Italian, as well as Spanish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
The Smithsonian have one, try them perhaps? https://airandspace.si.edu/collectio...i-c202-folgore
But it's suspended from the museum ceiling, so not easy to have a look in to! I suppose the organisation may have photos from it's restoration, prior to dispaly, that could help with the details Al Z needs? The Air & Space Museum website states that "In 1975 National Air and Space Museum technicians completely restored the fighter to exhibit condition", which was quite some time ago, so it might be a bit difficult to locate the museum's reference material? But they seemed to be recording their restoration progress, so who knows?

On a more positive note, the museum website also states "Starting August 1, the Archives Technical Reference Files will not be available for research, in person or by email request. The collection will be relocating from the Museum location in Washington, DC, to our Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. We anticipate reopening access to the Technical Reference Files at the Udvar-Hazy Center in Fall 2018." With a big relocation move like that it is possible that the material will be properly sorted and catalogued, so a search may produce something quite quickly ...... later in the year.

May I suggest an Archives Search Request, and be sure include the Museum's Inventory Number A19600332000 for the C.202. Briefly tell them about your panel project, and ask whether they have any manuals, technical drawings or good photos (historical or relatively recent) of the cockpit interior that will show the detail you need. I don't think including any links to this PaperModelers thread would be much use, as you have to be registered and logged-in to see thread photographs, but perhaps a link or two to photos of your previous 109 panel, on any other good sites where they may have been published, would be a good way to display your bona fides?

Who knows, you may end up connected to an enthusiastic Museum researcher/archives person who is just as keen as you are to uncover the stuff you need!

Last edited by bernoullis; 09-15-2018 at 02:24 AM.