View Single Post

Old 09-17-2018, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
In my humble opinion, I have always thought that all models should include formers. The reasons are mainly twofold: a) It gives the model correct shape which is important if you are making an accurate replica and b) it also simplifies 100% assembly. When a model has no formers, it comes out flimsy not accurate and much, much more hard to build it accurately and straight. They also help to hold wing spars, landing gears and other structural parts of the model. If a guy dislikes formers, well, if they are included just throw them away.

I'm not against the formers. I do not think I understood. Nobody starts out in modeling knowing everything. There are beginner modelers who do not like formers, I have more than ten years of role modeling and stop after twenty years of plastic models, the formers really give precision but complicate the assembly, I know many people who became enthusiastic about role modeling, being extremely active in this forum that after some frustrations with complex montages have disappeared. So I say again the discussion here is not simplicity / complexity versus price. The discussion is that designers have different editorials.