Thread: downloads
View Single Post

Old 09-18-2018, 02:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
There's a few other factors involved than just the difference between A4 and letter, etc... such as Fit to page, zoom, etc. Resolution (DPI) can sometimes come in to play too. As previously mentioned, to rescale something to a certain scale, you can't just "print it out whatever size you want", especially if you want to go to a significantly larger scale. You need to know the size you are starting from, and not everybody is a whiz with graphics software

I think the original request was that designers specify a scale when uploading a model, which isn't too much to ask, really. Adding a ruler or scale indication of some sort to the parts pages would come in handy too. At the end of the day it comes down to how much effort a designer wants to put into their product, which in turn translates to how popular a product will be.

However, having said that, when it comes to free downloads, you're at the mercy of the designer, they've put a lot of time and effort into something and are giving it away free of charge. Sometimes it pays to put in a bit of effort yourself, to get the results you want. I've done so myself, when rescaling to a size that requires a trip to a print shop for larger format printing. Do some test prints on plain paper in grayscale first, take measurements and plan accordingly.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000