View Single Post

Old 10-09-2018, 05:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 498.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Your outline is ambitious and I sense that it will be a labour of love. I wish you every success in your endeavour. And I'd love to see a copy when it's done.
It's been a while writing anything substantial, so I went with the layout that was familiar to me and that is one of a scholarly paper. I'll have to slice it into more discrete chapters or sections once I have amassed enough text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
If I may suggest, have a glossary section that gives brief definitions of different terms that are commonly used in model (especially paper model) building.
Definitely. I am trying to figure out a way for the material to be self-referential (I had a discrete math book back in the day that pulled it off and it was one of the best text books I've ever encountered.) But I think I'm going to have to rely upon a glossary as you suggest.

@trainfanM - Agreed on the detail of the research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TramFan View Post
I think this would be of great help to all paper model builders, you can never know too much, a section on wheels....always a problem.
I guess I don't have much issue with wheels. I just kind of "make them happen". What difficulties do you encounter with them? I think the toughest ones I did were for a 1/6 1910 Harley.