View Single Post

Old 10-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thanks, Don!

----------------------------

The last bits for attaching now are the two parts just made - these go onto the middle body.

Picture 1 - This shows the lower body part ready to be attached to the middle section.

Picture 2 - This shows the lower part attached. When joining the two parts be careful to keep them aligned. I started with the bottom tab in the centre (see Picture 3) and then carefully worked around to the top. You could also approach this from the top down if you wanted.

Pictures 3 and 4 - The tail is now glued in place by inserting it from the end. Put glue on the body part - not the tail. Again be careful to check the alignment from the side and top before it dries. At this stage, to also give the body a bit of strength for handling, I stuffed it with toilet paper.

The last step is to now cover up the middle part of the body.

Picture 5 - This shows the part used to do this. Look at this carefully in the photo and you will see the cuts that have to be made on each side. To start, I glued the centre together – already shown glued in this photo.

Picture 6 - This now shows the centre "flap" glued in place. Sticking it at this stage enables the body curves to be shaped with your fingers.

Picture 7 – This part is then attached by easing it over the legs and then attaching the centre tab. Then I glued the sides, again checking the alignment carefully. Lastly, when satisfied with the shape, I glued the 2 small "flaps" on either side.

Picture 8 - The final result, with the centre "flap" glued, but with the two side "flaps" still to be fixed.

The next stage will be the upper part of the body and the wings.
Attached Thumbnails
Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb1.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb2.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb3.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb4.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb5.jpg  

Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb6.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb7.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-nb8.jpg