View Single Post

Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thanks Ryan, But I do not know that program either. Do you find it easir then gimp?

Here is the aft turret. These are really small casements or towers as they are fixed to the ship in did not turn.

The turret was three layers of 2 by 8 inch flattened rails backed by almost 2 feet of wood. Almost no metal was given to the flat horizontals, as plunging fire was as rare as Confederate iron, so all decks are wood, even the turret top. The aft pilot/gunnery house was not grated over as the turret top is, and I added a thin sheet of boiler plate as well. Not for protection from enemy fire but for a barrier from the muzzle blast of the big rifled cannon inches above! The top grating was probebly removable as a way in or out of the turret when not in action.

Feed back and suggstions would be great!

I have not added tabs yet, and may not.

I am shooting for 1:250 scale to go with Avery's Monitors, but I would like to do one in 1/72 scale as well because of the about of detail that can be brought out.

I need to find out how to do the layers thing in gimp or any other program so I can make the main part of each armor plate gray but have the edges showing fresh rust.

Any how, thanks for looking. More soon.:o
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Wimington take two!-aft-turret.jpg