View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Murph's XF5U What If Repaint at 1/48

Well never having much common sense, I figured why not build this odd looking creature, after all, it has the strangest looking props I've ever seen. Then I got to thinking, shouldn't those props be painted black and not wood grain? So I was off to the races again.

I decided I dint much like the all blue color scheme and have always been more partial to Army schemes than Navy, and, since the bird never went into production why not just make it an Army bird. I always liked the looks of checker boards and yellow against OD so this is what I came up with.

I then added to my lack of sense and built wheel wells, redesigned the props and made them rotated. Its still a strange looking bird.

Without modifications it went together quite well and everything fit. The front of the engine intake were a little head scratcher, but after looking them over I figured them out. In general it was and enjoyable build.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's XF5U What If Repaint at 1/48-3.jpg   Murph's XF5U What If Repaint at 1/48-4.jpg   Murph's XF5U What If Repaint at 1/48-5.jpg   Murph's XF5U What If Repaint at 1/48-2.jpg   Murph's XF5U What If Repaint at 1/48-bottom.jpg