View Single Post

Old 10-15-2018, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 498.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares55 View Post
Mr Thales, there are no words that describe how wonderful and real this model looks. Very easily one can travel in imagining just seeing it. I have a question: what material did you use? Because it is almost perfect white and looks like plastic. There are no curves out of place. I'm just a magician learning how to become good at what I do. Thanks to this excellent group that has given me the opportunity to learn and know them.
The IXS E is made with 67lb white cardstock from Staples... printed on a HP 8600 which thinks it is printing on transparency film. Beyond that, chipboard was used to reinforce the inside of the large flat surfaces (not many of them on this model), the antennas are made from simple steel wire and some of the pitot tubes (yeah, I know there is no air in space, but whatever the things are that look like pitot tubes) are <1mm brass tubing.

The plans are available in the download section and I'd like to see the results others have from my designs.... I don't think I've seen images by other builders for any of the models I've released. I'd like to know what people think of them. The IXS E is by no means a simple build.