View Single Post

Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I'm going out of order while building these road wheels.

I glued parts 51a and b back to back. Actually I drilled the center holes of all then the lightening holes in one of the webs and found that a and b matched up to each other before cutting everything out, SO I glued them together, then drilled the rest of the holes and then cut the discs out. Makes for a much cleaner result. Just realized no picture of this yet, sorry will need to update later on.

Then comes the sidewall rings. Each assembly is made up of three rings of decreasing outer diameter. The inner ring is so thin that I just wanted to avoid miss-fitting by trying to glue them after cutting them out completely, SO I cut out the inner two rings and stacked them onto the largest ring leaving the center portions intact. After they dried, I cut out the centers, freehand, with a knife. Then I cut the outer rings free. Much easier that way!

greg
Attached Thumbnails
Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20181013_190646.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20181013_191638.jpg