View Single Post

Old 08-04-2009, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thanks Avery. I lost that turret when I closed out of sketchup and clicked the do not save button by accident! I had to start over with the detailing, but I did discover I had two gun ports out of alignment and I had one extra, so that has been corrected. I have been detailing the other turret, and it goes faster the more I do it! I hope to have all of the deck fixtures done today if real life dose not intrude too much.

First day of school and I only have to deal with the 5 year old. He is home schooled, and his mom did reading and phonics already, and I finished math. We will do a bit more today, but her was so cooperative that it all went fast.

If the Confederates stuck to the plan when building this beast, and if the engines were reliable, and they put in big brooks rifles, then this would have been able to put up a good show with even the most heavily armed Monitors! I do not think that even the 6.5 inch brooks rifle would have done much to the 8 inches of armor on a monitors turret, but the good design of the Wilmington would have alowd it to live long enough to torture the US Navy's wooden ships, and if armed with a spar torpedo, then the monitors may have been in trouble too. But it just came along too late to help the South....

I should have more pics soon!
CT