View Single Post

Old 10-29-2018, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 345.47 MB
Many thanks for your thoughts rjccjr. I'm fully aware of the problems I will encounter during this build. I have scanned all the pages, but my goal is to make this ship as it is from the kit. As I mentioned in my first post, this built is a kind of sentimental quest to recall memories from my early years. I haven't done paper kits for a long time, but when I got interested in making model kits it were MM's back in 1995. Actually the very first was French destroyer Le Terrible. I still have another copy of this kit and if I manage to make Blyskawica I will follow with Le Terrible then.

Regarding the poor characteristics of paper in old MM, I use Brand Clear Glue (BCG) in order to improve the flexibility. I use large flat brush and apply the glue to both sides of each page. It dries completely transparent with a light satin effect and impregnates the paper. That makes it easier to form, roll and bend. All box shaped parts I cut apart and glue edge to edge, also using BCG.

Now back to the build. I have the complete frames glued with deck. Also start to shaping hull lower part segments. One so far, but fits well to the substructure.
Attached Thumbnails
ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3545.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3550.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3552.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3547.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3546.jpg  

ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3549.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3554.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_3555.jpg