View Single Post

Old 11-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I haven't seen the film but I have read the book. It is a very large volume of 500+ pages of biograpic story and 100+ pages of source references and acknowledgements.

I finished the book but is was very dry and often quite boring. Armstrong was not the most flamboyant and controversial person. He wasn't that at all, actually.
The movie only played here in my city for a couple of times at impossible to get to timeslots. From what I have seen (trailers) and read (reviews) the film also focuses quite heavily on Jan, his wife, for some necessary emotional stuff. Is that true?
I think Neil Armstrong was a very, very rational man and in that sense he could kind of lock himself out of the emotions inside of him. He might not really have been that able to cope with his grief and sadness.

I can kind of relate to that. And I think they focused on that part of his life, because all the rest of it was well, quite rational. Even his brushes with death were dealt with in a rational way.

I also heard people complained about the role of Buzz Aldrin. He apparently was depicted as a lout. I think a film on Aldrin's life would probably be a lot more emotional and intense.