View Single Post

Old 11-19-2018, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 891.03 MB
I've read the first four books and I agree they are mostly logical - with the exception that they apparently are capable of generating a localized gravity field at 90 degrees to the ships thrust vector. Also, they generate a constant acceleration with a mass ejection propulsion plant (basically, a rocket) which apparently needs no mass to eject.

Not having seen the shows, I have no knowledge if this is the only thing I need to suspend belief, or, if like Star Trek, I also must accept a universe with indigenous planetary inhabitants capable of interbreeding with humans among other handwavium or nonobtainium objects.

Having been reading SF for over 65 years, I've grown accustomed to much better worldbuilding by the authors. Unless they are obviously writing Space Opera.

TomW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy Wotsit View Post
Frame rips are from the show itself VLC and Fraps do the job well enough as for the schematics, well the folks behind the show have released drawings for most of the major ships in the show.

Not sure what yopu mean by rational though, the books and show describe the tech and the science behind them to be pretty rational.