View Single Post

Old 11-25-2018, 01:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
The last of the cabinets in my pile was the most daunting, I kept avoiding it because it looked quite annoying to build... As it turned out, I really enjoyed this part and am very happy with how it turned out.

It's basically a cabinet containing a couple of gas bottles or something, and a bunch of tubing made from mostly wire parts, this was the bit I wasn't looking forward to.

Modelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-15a.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-15b.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-15bb.jpg

After spending an hour or more on the section above, I noticed when I placed the cabinet over the top that most of the detail I'd just created was going to be covered up or hard to see. Nothing unusual for this kit but I'm tired of creating detail then hiding it so I decided to do something about it.

The first pic shows how the cabinet was supposed to look according to the instructions, the rest show what I've done to open it up a bit more. There were already hinges designed to go where I've opened the extra panel but they're incredibly annoying to build and don't work anyway, so I scratch built my own by wrapping small strips of paper around a wire, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Modelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-15c.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-15d.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-15e.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-15f.jpg

I've just got two more subsections to complete, comprising of the stabilizer legs and a couple more cabinets that attach to them, then I'll be ready to paint all of the above and add some more detail.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000