View Single Post

Old 12-03-2018, 12:33 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
A metal model build-a-thon

Hi all,

Over the past 2 weeks, I have been on a metal model kick, it really started when I was looking at my WIP Optimus Prime, standing on the shelf, sans head and arms, having stood so for some 2.5 to 3 years.

After acquiring a stepped mandrel, and set of 5 graduated thickness bending sticks as the listing on Ebay described them, I set forth to finish the arms and head.

After Optimus was finished, I wanted to continue building some more metal models, so going through my stash, and letting some of my friends pick a model they wanted to see me build, as of Saturday evening, I ended up with 10 different models, a windmill, a M4 Sherman tank, a pump jack, a Freightliner COE, Optimus Prime of course, a Klingon Vor'cha class cruiser, a AT-M6 Heavy Assault Walker, Iron Man's helmet, and figures of Iron Man and War Machine.

According to those who have built Iron Man, it is one of their more challenging models, I was only challenged by the helmet, as the connection sequence wasn't all that clear, ended up spending a bit more time trying to get all tabs into their corresponding slots.

I have attached a group shot of the completed models, I can additional photos of the models if anyone wants to see a detail up close.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
A metal model build-a-thon-20181202_123338.jpg  
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo