View Single Post

Old 12-05-2018, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
Pylon (Neck) Decks. And walls. Lots of walls.

Incoming image dump.
Work this time consisted of getting the Pylon (Neck) decks cut, skinned, marked and walls up... because they play into the support structure for the saucer.

I mean this literally- as well as the steel frame, these take the downward pressure of the saucer section weight and distribute it to the secondary hull.

Once all the walls and ribbing (where I can't combine the walls and outer ribs) are in place, this is going to be a massively solid build. I *may* have to counterweight a bit with the base and possibly nacelles, but so far it's maintaining integrity very well- and I don't even have the majority of my deck to deck magnetic connections in place.

Everything is still just stacking each deck on top of the others with the support rod(s) for a guide... except where I need to pin them temporarily to get the proper curve and deck alignment. There's not a terribly large margin for wiggle room here, but there is a tad.

Which is a good thing...

Regardless, pics: