View Single Post

Old 12-06-2018, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
Looks really good!
A great undertaking that is decades too late in coming.
Are you going to skin this creature? It looks HO scale, is that correct?
liking the pics!
It took me awhile to figure out the mechanical aspects of it, that's for certain. I never gave up on the project though, which is why I saved what work I had done previously. This is iteration... 4? Of the build.

Far more challenging than the Mega Galactica was.
Although that wasn't a piece of cake either...

Yes, it will be skinned.
Just how, remains to be seen. There are several techniques I could use, and they all depend on how I eventually want to display it. I was thinking of skinning one half and leaving the other half open- so that when you walk around the model the perspective will change. We'll see.

I have NO idea what scale it is. The blueprints say for FASA 15mm figures and have a 1/2" grid overlay. As I recall, someone attempted to suss out the exact scale earlier in the thread and came up with 1/160... but it was still kind of up in the air. If we're doing train comparisons, I would say judging from the size of walls, doors, ect, we're talking closer to (if not) N scale.

Or somewhere between HO and N. I'll have to pick up a figure pack to see or make some detailed measurements.

So, since we don't really know, I call it 1/OMFGTHATSBIG scale.