View Single Post

Old 12-06-2018, 01:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
Wow. That is really starting to come into its own as a starship.

However, once assembled, how will you get it out of the house!!

Coming along great Chris.
The curves are definately starting to emerge. Honestly, the Neck Pylon looks more like the refit at this point to my eye, but I'm learning to trust these blueprints overall. But yeah, starting to get that "starship" feel to it. TONS of work to do, though.

Getting it out of the house will actually be easy. Just break it down to the various decks. The saucer section is only a hair under 4' wide, it easily fits through doors. I've kept portability in mind the entire time and it will pack down and set up just as easily. Which will come in handy displaying this at Comicon... before I decide if I want to sell it or not. I'm not terribly emotionally attached to my projects, but I was contemplating doing the Klingon D-7 Battlecruiser I also have the blueprints for (I bought both at the time) and having a matched set for... oh, I dunno... re-enacting episodes or whatnot.

Actually, looking at the D-7, it will be a far easier build to do.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement. Trying not to get overwhelmed with the build by just doing an hour or so every day.

-E