View Single Post

Old 12-09-2018, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Quote:
This looks great! Looking forward to future progress :-)

Do you unfold via Pepakura? Are you aware of this great tool for Blender: https://en.blender.org/index.php/Ext...rt/Paper_Model

Might make the unfolding part easier ...
I was not aware of this plug in, as I am nearing the end of the general model build in blender I have started messing around with textures and such for the model, part of that has been the UV Map and using the unfold tool that is already built in. To be honest it's all a bit of a hassle and is ANOTHER steep learning curve, only made worse by the fact that my initial experiments seemed resulted in textures that would not transfer to Pepekura. So this plug in is going to be given a serious look, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales View Post
@Cheesy Wotsit - You have made incredible progress in a very short period of time. You also seem to have picked up a good bit of skill with blender in a short period. Neither of those are inconsequential.

To echo others, I would suggest using the paper model plugin for blender as opposed to pepakura. I found that to get pep to properly read one of the formats output by blender caused most of the material/texture/uvmaps to break horribly. I didn't feel like dumbing down the printed details just so pep wouldn't mangle them.

Thanks Thales, yeah I've started to mess with textures and have been finding that Pepekura doesn't seem to work well with the exported files. I did have a potential work around but would have been a load of extra work with two extra steps that could have introduced errors and issues.

*edit after testing plugin*

Damn that is one sexy addon, this is going to make thing an awful lot easier, thanks guys.

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 12-09-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Test